One fish in the aquarium - the choice of fish, the choice of an aquarium, the nuances of the content
Good afternoon, dear visitors to the Aquarium in Your Home site, today I would like to talk with you about keeping one fish in a small aquarium.
In this article I will try to answer you the following questions that are of interest to many people who want to keep fish but are not able to establish a large aquarium.
- Which aquarium to choose - round, rectangular or square;
- Which fish to choose for a small aquarium;
- The choice of soil and which plants are best planted in a small aquarium;
- What equipment is needed to maintain the aquarium.
Which aquarium to choose for one fish
Now on sale there are quite a lot of small-sized aquariums that differ in shape:
Round aquariums and bowls
Probably the most common options among small aquariums, usually up to 30 liters, with rare exceptions, are larger.
- Beautiful aesthetic appearance;
- Very fragile, often burst and beat;
- Inconvenient to maintain - laborious enough to clean such an aquarium;
- It is problematic to choose equipment;
Rectangular and square aquariums
A classic option that I would recommend for beginners to choose.
- There is no problem with the selection of equipment for maintenance of the aquarium, you can buy a fully assembled aquarium with a filter, heater, lighting;
- It is much easier to carry out water changes and clean the walls of the aquarium from the growth of algae;
- As with all aquariums of small volume, this is frequent cleaning and water change, water quickly deteriorates when overfeeding fish;
What kind of fish to choose for an aquarium up to 30 liters
Here you can talk a lot on this topic, but I believe that for small aquariums the volume of which does not exceed 30 liters, it is best to contain labyrinth fish:
- Small cockerel;
These fish are not whimsical in content and can live in small volumes of water, they do not need aeration of water as they take air floating up to the surface.
The most beautiful in my opinion is the "Cockerel Fish - Bettasplendens" or as it is popularly called the "Fighting Fish". It would be her that I would recommend choosing as the very same fish for the aquarium.
Soil and plants for a small aquarium
Soil - at the moment, a large number of different finished soils are on sale, when choosing, pay attention to the following:
- Fraction size;
- If living plants are planned, then the presence of nutrients in the soil.
On average, for an aquarium of 30 liters and with an optimal soil layer of 5 centimeters, you will need to purchase about 8 kilograms of soil.
Plants - can be purchased live or artificial. Personally, I prefer living plants. For small aquariums, they are perfect:
Equipment for servicing a small aquarium
- Lighting (backlight, lamp);
- Filtration and aeration (filter, compressor) if the choice fell not on the fish of the labyrinth family;
- Temperature temperature
- Scraper for cleaning the walls in the aquarium;
- Cage for fish;
- The feeder so that the rest of the feed does not spread throughout the aquarium.